- A Computational Introduction to Linguistics. Describing Language in Plain PROLOG [= CSLI Lecture Notes 206], Stanford, Center for the Study of Language and Information, Stanford University, 2013.
- Are Intensions Necessary? Sense as the Construction of Reference (Draft).
- Linguistic Individuals [= CSLI Lecture Notes 31]. Stanford, Center for the Study of Language and Information, Stanford University, 1993.
- Syntax and Semantics 20: Discontinuous Constituency, with Geoffrey Huck, coeditor. Academic Press (now Elsevier), 1987.
- The Partitive Structure of Linguistic Space and Time. Paper presented at the International Conference on the Expression of Space and Time. Antwerp, Belgium, 23-25 September, 2004.
- Discontinuous Constituents. In Brown, Keith (Ed.) (2005) Encyclopedia of Language and Linguistics. Volumes 1-14. Second Edition. Elsevier. Volume 3, pp. 624-630, 2005.
- The Paradox of Mass Plurals. Salikoko Mufwene et al. (Eds.) (2005) Polymorphous Linguistics. Jim McCawley’s Legacy. Cambridge, Massachusetts, MIT Press, pp. 389-410.
- The Semantics of Serbo-Croatian Collectives (with Tamara Grivicic). In C. Orhan Orgun and Peter Sells (Eds). Morphology and the Web of Grammar. Essays in Memory of Steven G. Lapointe. Stanford, Center for the Study of Language and Information, Stanford University, pp. 225-239 (2005).
- Functional Entities—And That Ain’t The Half of It. In Catalan Journal of Linguistics 3:135-146 (2004).
- The Semantics of Collectives and Distributives in Papago. Natural Language Semantics 6: 245-270.
- A Semantics for Counting Numerals in Latin. Journal of Semantics 14: 143-171 (1997)
- How to Define Number Categories: A Lesson from Semitic. Papers from Main Session, Chicago Linguistic Society 33: 315-326 (1997)
- The Semantics of Number in Arabic. Proceedings of the Second Conference on Semantics and Linguistic Theory, edited by Chris Barker and David Dowty. Department of Linguistics, Ohio State University (1992).
- The 'Mass Neuter' in Hispano-Romance Dialects. Hispanic Linguistics 5: 245-277.
- A Linear Precedence Account of Cross-Serial Dependencies. Linguistics and Philosophy 11: 457-492 (1988).
- A Note on the Spanish Neuter. Linguistic Inquiry 14(1): 171-174.
- A Russellian Interpretation of Measure Nouns. In Coene, Martine & D'Hulst, Yves (Eds.) From NP to DP. Volume I: The Syntax and Semantics of Noun Phrases [= Linguistik Aktuell / Linguistics Today, 55]. Amsterdam, John Benjamins Publishing Company, pp. 225-276.
Complete List of Publications [Download]