- M.A. in Linguistics, University of California, Davis, 2022
- B.A. in Linguistics, Emory University, 2020
- B.A. in French Studies, Emory University, 2020
I am a fourth-year Ph.D. Candidate in Linguistics. My research is focused on language learning and pedagogy. I am studying the writing development of second language and heritage language learners of Spanish while working with the UC Davis COWSL2H corpus. My current projects include examining learners' development of tense-aspect in L2 Spanish, investigating language and intercultural learning during immersive study abroad, and considering the writing experiences of international graduate students.
Second Language Acquisition, Applied Linguistics, Learner Corpus Research, Second Language Writing, Multilingualism
- Carando, A., Minnillo, S., Fernández-Mira, P., Davidson, S., Sagae, K., & Sánchez-Gutiérrez, C. (2023). Writing Development in Spanish as a Second and Heritage Language: A Corpus Study on Complexity. Journal of Spanish Language Teaching, 10(1), 59-71.
- Minnillo, S., Sánchez-Gutiérrez, C., Carando, A., Davidson, S., Fernández-Mira, P., & Sagae, K. (2022). Preterit-Imperfect Acquisition in L2 Spanish Writing: Moving Beyond Lexical Aspect. Research in Corpus Linguistics, 10(1), 156-184. https://doi.org/10.32714/ricl.10.01.08
UC Davis Associate Instructor
- UWP 7M: Practices in College Reading and Writing for Multilingual Writers (Entry-
- UWP 1: Introduction to Academic Literacies (First-year composition)
- ESL Academic Writing in STEM (international undergraduate & graduate students)
- ESL College Essay Writing (international high school & college students)
- ESL Application Essay Writing (international high school students)
- ESL U.S. Society & Culture (international undergraduate students)